Ah, bummer. Not sure what to draw? Has the creativity-draining bug got you and all you’re drawing is a blank? Well, I’ve got your back! I’ve curated a list of 25 creative drawing ideas to get your mojo back and also draw some cool stuff in the process!
I didn’t want to create a boring list so I took my time to come up with drawing ideas that even I would want to draw! Say goodbye to art block!
And, because I love people who take action, I’ll be giving away a $25 Amazon giftcard to one lucky person who completes the 25 prompts and shows them to me via email!
To enter you need to be a part of my community of artists, where you’ll receive emails with valuable tips for artists, exclusive content downloads and cool promotions like this!
Without further ado...
25 creative drawing ideas to test your skills and creativity!
- 1Choose a song you love, find a section of the lyrics that is inspiring and draw it
- 2Draw the sight from the nearest window but include something creepy hidden out of plain sight
- 3Draw a bowl of fruit, with cartoony faces + weird expressions as if one of them had farted and the rest knew
- 4Ask the nearest person to say the first noun that comes to mind, design a character based on that noun
- 5Draw a candy or gingerbread house
- 6Paint a landscape using only shades of a single color (don’t use 50 shades of grey, just sayin’)
- 7Draw someone watching the rain from their window, mood: 100% chill 0% Netflix
- 8Draw an entire field of flowers paying close attention to the perspective to make the flowers near the viewer bigger and the ones farther away smaller
- 9Paint a set of skyscapes for a morning sky, sunny sky, sunset sky and night sky - be very mindful of the colors
- 10Draw the pose in which you sleep most of the time
- 11Draw your favourite plant
- 12Now draw your favourite plant as a humanized version
- 13Draw a self-portrait of how you’d like to be/look in 5 years
- 14If you have a partner, draw something lovey dovey featuring you both. If you’re single, draw how you feel about your current love life (or lack thereof)
- 15Draw a happy family baking cookies together
- 16Paint yourself as a Hogwarts student (which house do you belong to?)
- 17Snow day! Draw someone playing in the snow, making a snowman, snowball fights, whatever you want, it’s snow day!
- 18Draw a human version of your email inbox
- 19Put your playlist on random order and illustrate the name of the first song that comes up
- 20Take the most adorable and harmless character you can think of and redesign them into the most evil, vicious creature you can imagine
- 21Now take the scariest, most evil creature you know of and turn it into the most adorable and squeezehuggable creature ever
- 22Redesign your favourite pokemon and make it your own, it can’t be a copy of the original design
- 23Draw someone dozing off under a big tree in the summer, with a cute lil’ bird resting anywhere on the person’s body
- 24Draw a porch full of hallowe’en decorations and carved pumpkins
- 25Meta time! Draw yourself drawing a drawing of yourself.
Remember, if you’re a part of my community and you complete the 25 prompts, email a photo of them all to hello (at) paintingdreamscapes (dot) com and you’ll have a chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card!
Prize is only available until March 1st.
Join my community and get access to all of my resources for artists, emails with tips and other promos by signing up below!
Over to you! Which drawing idea did you like best?
Which idea from the list you’d like to try first? Do you have any crazy fun idea that you’d love to see added to the list? Let me know in the comments and I’ll update the post with your idea + a link to your site or gallery!